DCP Together with TAT organized the Thai Taste Therapy Festival:
“The World’s Tastiest Medicine”
Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture together with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and Phuket province organized the Miracle Festival of Thai Food as the tastiest medicine in the world,
“Thai Taste Therapy Festival”
New perspectives opened for foreign tourists to experience the amazing medicinal benefits of local Phuket food
Chai Nakhonchai, Director-General of the Department of Cultural Promotion, observed that “For hundreds of years, the cuisine of Phuket has reflected and perpetuated the culture and customs that have existed since the time of our forefathers and have been passed down and perpetuated from generation to generation. In addition, one of the distinctive characteristics of Phuket cuisine is the use of herbs and local ingredients that are unique to the island, which is the main theme of the Thai food festival, ‘The tastiest medicine in the world’, which allows tourists and foreigners residing in Phuket to experience Phuket local food from the perspective of its medicinal properties that are beneficial to their health.
Apichai Chatchalermkit, Deputy Governor for Tourism Products and Business, The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said, “Holding the Thai Taste Therapy Festival by highlighting the medicinal benefits of Thai food encourages tourists to be interested in traveling to visit the place where herbs and raw ingredients are produced as well as following the restaurant that owns the recipe. These are the true meanings of valuable gastronomic tourism, as it offers tourists the opportunity to experience a wide variety of food-connected experiences, which brings benefits from the local community to entrepreneurs in the tourism industry in all sectors, leading to the creation of food tourism in a truly sustainable way.”
Irin Rerksasarn, Director of Thai Taste Therapy, Introducing The “Thai Taste Therapy Festival”: Phuket holiday packages are jam-packed with events during December 2021 in Phuket, such as the “Thai Taste Therapy Trip,” the path of “Thai cuisine as medicine” – “Thai Taste Therapy Dining” – which intersects with a discount campaign. We collaborate with key partners like Chimthai.asia, Suay Cherng Talay, The Charm Phuket, Tu Kab Khao, Blue Elephant Phuket, etc. to bring together food products with rare Thai ingredients and carefully selected community food products to share with customers – both domestically and internationally – via the Artisan online market place of www.chimthai.asia. Not only that, but we also have a highlight activity, “Thai Taste Therapy Market,” which will gather such items for visitors and interested parties at Arena Blue Tree, Phuket from December 10-12, 2021.
Activities in the event “Thai Taste Therapy Festival” “at Arena, Blue Tree Phuket, from 10-12 December 2021 time 15:00-20:00
- Taste some of the world’s most delicious medicinal dishes, such as Spaghetti Kee Mao Seafood that helps boost immunity from Nua Ton Resort & café; Yam Sai Bua Salmon, which is rich in fiber from Prodepran Restaurant & Bar; and Papaya Salad with Latok (sea grapes), which is vitamin-packed from Ta Tuay Restaurant. Special menus from cannabis and kratom leaves are also included.
- Explore and purchase medicinal food and pharmaceutical products from the community specially organized for the event, including menus from the communities in old town Phuket, such as Ban Khanaen Community, Ban Palai Community, Ban Tha Chatchai Community, and Ban Koh Coconut Community (Coconut island).
- Thai Taste Therapy’s menu workshop with celebrity chef Nooror Somany Steppe from Blue Elephant Phuket.
- “Cannabis Cooking”: Cannabis food workshop and cannabis longevity drink, a traditional recipe from the reign of King Rama III, inherited by his heirs. A certificate is provided.
- Preserve the environment by using FEST Food Safety Packaging, which is both safe for your health and environmentally friendly.
Sancharn Sathaphornwuthikhun, Director of Inflight Service, Department of Thai Smile Airways, said, “Thai Smile and Mastercard will take everyone on a trip to experience delicious and healthful foods in the Thai Taste Therapy edition with prominent restaurants.” THAI Smile has tightened security measures on six routes in Chiang Rai and Nan, Chiang Mai, Surat Thani, Krabi, and Phuket to keep passengers safe, as well as service staff (who must be completely immunized). We are ready to take you all on a new adventure. Special for Mastercard cardholders: receive a 200 baht discount when purchasing a ticket with Thai Airways and Thai Smile Airways by using the promo code ‘MCTHAITaste’. For more information, visit thaiairways.com